Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rockpourri

Some things that're going on.

1. Saw the Superchunk show here in Philly. Amazing show. Raged all the way through, so much pogoing. Even their sissy songs sound like intense monster rock in the live setting. Mac's like a weird little doll flying through the air as if blown by hurrican force winds. Best I've seen them since a show at PSU in 1994. LOVED. IT. Versus, the opener on the other hand, were lame. They are old too, and it seems like they thought rock music was forever for them and then decided that maybe rock music was merely temporary. It seemed to me like they thought their reunion was a bad idea...

2. As mentioned before, I am in two bands. Animals and Insects, the band in which I play bass, did some recording. We did it mostly live at my buddy Sam's (his band here!) house. As it turns out (and none of us knew this), this band is basically a hard rock band! It sounds pretty freaking good!!!

3. I got a new guitar. Its an MIJ Fender Telecaster Custom, 1986 (or maybe '85). Its black and its really cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment